Modern mirrorless that handles like an E-1?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
John Mason
John Mason Veteran Member • Posts: 6,159
em1x vs grip options

The reason I like the Em1x vs adding the grip option is the single solid body allowed olympus to have more real estate for dedicated buttons vs keeping the more squashed button layout and just duplicating same for vertical grip use.

I have worked with both types of solutions over the years and often this is what the manufacturers will do with the integrated real estate to use vs the grip.

On the plus side for grips is you can control the size of the system to meet the need better as well as cost.  Longer lenses balance better with the grip or unified larger body for instance.

But maybe you want go to street shooting and keep it light, then the smaller body with a 17mm (34 range FF) lens is a nicer and more descret combo.

Just for overall ergonimics I like the single integrated bodies if size and weight are not the top concern.

-- hide signature --

John Mason - Battle Ground, Indiana USA

John Mason's gear list:John Mason's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M1X Sony a1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 +19 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow