iPhone 13 Pro - White Balance issue (Tint added by default)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
vldo99 New Member • Posts: 10
iPhone 13 Pro - White Balance issue (Tint added by default)

Anyone having a same issue with the new iPhone 13 Pro (latest iOS 15.1) ?

Most photos have noticeable shift of tint towards purple. It can be checked when using ProRaw. It shows huge amount of tint added.

Comparison of 2 shots where first is taken with HEIF and second with ProRaw. The difference is clearly visible in daylight with the main camera.

BTW: I have checked this also with other iPhone 11 and it doesn't have this issue

Default camera output (temperature and tint is showing 5000K and 0 tint in the editor)

ProRaw output with adjusted Tint set to 0,0 (temperature and tint is showing 4472K and 21,21 tint before editing)

The problem is not that obvious in every shot or light conditions but it gets even worse when in shade and with telephoto lens.

It can be avoided by using ProRaw (10x file size) as HEIF is un-recoverable

Some ugly examples all with telephoto. Everything is "washed out".

I'm thinking of returning the phone but I'm afraid if this is not just bug in the released software by Apple.

Default camera output using tele lens and little bit of +15 vibrant style and -0,7ev

Default camera output using tele lens and little bit of +15 vibrant style and -0,7ev

Default camera output using tele lens and -0,3ev

Default camera output using tele lens

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow