PC Topaz Sharpen AI Benchmark 2021 Locked

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
vett93
vett93 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,393
PC Topaz Sharpen AI Benchmark 2021

Greetings all, I am starting this thread to benchmark our PCs. If you find it interesting, please do participate. I am outlining the procedure below and add a submission sample in a follow-up post.

1. Please use the the current version of Topaz Sharpen AI (v.3.2.2). They offer free trials, in the event you don't have it.

2. Please down load the 8 photos for the benchmark from my Google drive. Many thanks to Jim Kasson and Billy Bob Senna for their photo donation: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nOH6Po3wfnM5Mu9Hxo-tNMQlTgodN8Y6?usp=sharing

3. Load all 8 files to Topaz Sharpen AI and choose "Motion Blur" and "Very Blurry" in the Image Quality tab. Then in the Settings tab, choose 80 for remove blur, 50 for suppress noise, and 50 for add grain in the post processing tab. Check the "Select All" box in the lower left corner of the screen. An example is shown below:

Test photo credit: Jim Kasson

4. Under the File tab on the upper left, choose the "Preferences" and configure it as shown below. Note that you may want to experiment "Allow Model Downloading" in the last configuration under Preferences to get the best performance for your PC.

5. Press the "Save Images" tab on the lower right corner. It will take you to the "Start Batch Processing" Tab and select "DNG" in the Image Format area. Then click "Start"!

Test photo credit: Billy Bob Senna

6. After Topaz Sharpen AI finishes the processing, it will show the following screen. Please double check the settings: B: 80, N:50, G:50, Motion, and Very Blurry.

7. Add up the processing times for all 8 photos. In this example, 6+5+20+3+14+14+6+6=74. Respond to this post and use the total processing time as the title. Add the above screenshot for verification and write a short component summary of your PC.

Note #1: test photo summary

_DSF1719.RAF and _DSF1726.RAF are Fujifilm Medium Format files donated by Jim Kasson. These are about 100MB in size each.

20210703_D850+2612.nef and 20210704_850_1108.nef are Nikon 850 files donated by Billy Bob Senna. They are about 60MB in size.

Nikon_d850_24.nef is from last year's benchmark on PC Talk and is about 60MB in size.

_A90706.RAW is from my Sony A9 and is about 24MB in size.

_7R30373.ARW is from my Sony A7R3 and is about 84MB in size.

_7R30381-HDR-Enhanced.tif is a HDR file from 3 Sony A7R3 files and is about 820MB in size.

Note #2: Please do not comment on Mac performance. This is PC Talk Forum.

-- hide signature --

"Keep calm and take photos"
Photography enthusiast, from 12mm to 600mm

vett93's gear list:vett93's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R III Sony a6500 Apple iPhone 11 Pro
Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
rbf
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Austinian
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow