JIP: does the left hand talk to the right hand?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Ahgre
Ahgre Forum Member • Posts: 79
Re: JIP: does the left hand talk to the right hand?

Martin.au wrote:

With your experience as a CEO, I'm quite surprised you didn't attempt to identify how all the various groups work and interact with each other. JIP are simply facilitators. There is essentially no link between Vaio and OMS.

From an old article on the topic.
"In the last 5 years JIP has sold off assets of over 14 companies. Not one has it ever restructured or continued development. It doesn’t have the capital. JIP exists solely to manage brands for the benefit of shared agreements with shareholders. That’s why VAIO is 10% owned by Sony and why JIP outsources all design and manufacture to Chinese parts bin suppliers for components. JIP has no R&D, no internal development, no engineers, nothing. They are accountants."

https://www.43rumors.com/the-dark-truth-about-jip-in-the-last-5-years-jip-has-sold-off-assets-of-over-14-companies-not-one-has-it-ever-restructured-or-continued-development/

Interesting, I kinda expected it could well be the case but didnt know they had no internal team allocated to continue their products. 
But purely from an investment point of view it does make sense and buying a failed business and turning profit seems like only possible in this manner. 
If OMS continues to go downhill I wonder who they will sell it to. I doubt it will be sold outside Japan as what they have is too valuable to release elsewhere

Ahgre's gear list:Ahgre's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Olympus E-M1 II Canon EOS R6 +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow