Modern mirrorless that handles like an E-1?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
John Mason
John Mason Veteran Member • Posts: 6,159
Ergonomically the Em1x is the best I've used.

JoeyCinSC wrote:

I’ve had my E-1 since new in 2004. Have been through countless cameras since then. Yesterday, I picked up my E-1 and thought, “wow this just feels right.” Mine has the grip which provides the perfect balance and ergonomics in my opinion. The Sony A850 I once had came very close, but I’ve yet to find a mirrorless camera that feels like the E-1. I’m currently shooting with a Fuji X-T30, I’ve had numerous Olympus and Panasonic cameras (including the E-M1), but haven’t run across a camera that I would consider holding for 17 years like the E-1.

Any current offerings grab the attention of former (or current) E-1 owners that want that feeling again?

The E1 was one of my favorite Olympus cameras.  From an ergonomic standpoint the Em1x is just a dream camera for me.  I often shoot vertically so that's a strength in my book.  The tactile buttons let you feel which button you're on by it's pattern, etc etc etc.

Sadly, I think their new halo camera will be in the Em1III type style which with the grip is close to the Em1x, but the x is just so solid since it's one piece.

But I know what you mean.  That E1 was and always will be one of the classics!

-- hide signature --

John Mason - Battle Ground, Indiana USA

John Mason's gear list:John Mason's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M1X Sony a1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 +19 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow