P950: What PP can do

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
p900learner
p900learner Senior Member • Posts: 2,036
Re: P950: What PP can do

Eightace wrote:

Took this with my B700

It was quite dark underneath the bird in reality. Think i was shooting slightly into the sun.

I'm absolutely ham fisted when it comes to PP Just whack any old sliders up.

I'm really considering the P950 though.

Very nice image Eightace. Welcome to the Coolpix forum.

Ham fisted or not she is a real natural looking Kestrel. My experience with PP is - its not a science, a lot of trial and error moving those sliders. Based on this image I'd say you've got the hang of it. I'm interpreting what you described as the bird having a dark belly caused by being slightly in the sun. As opposed to having a Kestrel with a rufous belly which can look dark.

Clicking on your image and looking at it closely the details are really nice, complete with eye shine and nice feather detail. You can be proud of this image.

Seems you are getting the best out of your B700 - based on this image my opinion is you would enjoy the extra reach of the P950 or P1000.

One of my photo goals for 2021 is to capture a real nice Kestrel, perched is fine - as you know they can be difficult because they are so incredibly skittish. My time is running short for 2021.

Thanks for sharing your Kestrel.

Ev

-- hide signature --
 p900learner's gear list:p900learner's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P950 FastStone Image Viewer +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow