Looks like GT-2 can deliver a full APSC 60 mm and more!

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
OP rondom Veteran Member • Posts: 3,520
Re: please say it one more time...10 is a great round number

Headforthehills wrote:

rondom wrote:

Raist3d wrote:

I am pretty sure Ricoh must have had good reasons not to do it.

Raist3d wrote:

If Ricoh is not allowing 60mm I am sure their engineers have a good reason for that choice and it's not done on a whim

that doesn't strike me as a good idea since they who know better have decided against it.

it seems straightforward there's an image quality issue. Why would Ricoh who designed the camera not go with 60mm if they could?

...they have some very good reasons not to allow it.

why would Ricoh not do it? They aren’t stupid That’s why I am ruling it out

Ricoh knows better and they thought it wasn’t worth doing

I am questioning the notion or implication that somehow we are cleverer than Ricoh and they didn't have good reasons not to do this officially.

I am only staying what I said- Ricoh knows better in terms of why they didn't do it and they just have a good reason.

If it cannot support 3:2 and 60mm, does the image circle cover 1:1 or 2:1 ?

I did not see any geometric corrections being applied when I was tinkering with the adapter.

will you please stop being curious

Previous ricoh add on lenses are not optically "corrected" in one way or another in the camera. i am expecting the same with the gt-2. (the switches and sensors are there for proper exif data, and in case of gt-2 to switch to crop mode)

1:1 would help with vignetting or softer corners, we really need to see the actual samples.

and until then we really need to shut up because Ricoh must have had good reasons not to do it.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow