Guess The Place #220

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
New Day Rising
New Day Rising Senior Member • Posts: 6,588
Re: Caroline Bay, Timaru, NZ.

maxdance wrote:

R Liewenberger wrote:

maxdance wrote:

NDR was the first to obviously find the answer.

The older building to the left was the Blue Bay Cafe but is now the Little India Restaurant - had to remove the old name.

NDR referred to Princess Grace (Kelly) and eldest daughter Princess Caroline.

In the second photo a Burger King sign is visible and Transport Waimate and Milligans are both based just to the south of Timaru. Comfort Hotel Benvenue is one of only eight in the group.

So, over to NDR for a new challenge.

I really don't want to do the next challenge, but why are you trying so hard to avoid the name of that hotel you've posted as the first shot? It's 'Panorama Motor Lodge' in Timaru.

https://www.panorama.net.nz/

RL

Sorry Liew, but the question was "Where?" not "What?" We were looking for a location, not the name of a hotel.

And you really wouldn't qualify for posting the next challenge anyway as NDR had located Caroline Bay some 14 hours before your first comment.

Don't worry, there will be many more challenges to come.

Thanks Max. Just seeing this now and will post something momentarily.

I got a bit lucky with a Google search. I figured it was NZ (your location and the mountain logo, together with the type of vehicles and the church behind along with the general architecture supported that). Knowing it was a motor lodge (actually I guessed motor inn, which is the more common term here) as opposed to a hotel helped. So, New Zealand, motor inn and 'magnificent views' in a search brought up a photo of the PML not far down the page.

My question early on asking if this was a number of photos stitched together was a reference to Panorama and, yes, to Princess Grace of Monaco's eldest daughter, Princess Caroline.

-- hide signature --

All lies and jests; Still a man hears what he wants to hear; And disregards the rest

New Day Rising's gear list:New Day Rising's gear list
Nikon D7200 Sony a7R II Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Fujifilm X-T2 Sony RX100 +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow