Breathing room for the X-H2?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
nightowlnz Forum Member • Posts: 92
Re: X-T1 and X-T4 sensor readout speed

Batdude wrote:

Guyps wrote:

Anyone know the speed of the t3 or 4 to put into perspective?

I would like to come back to this and ask almost the same thing. I have googled in a few places and can't find the actual specs, but what I would like to know is what is the sensor readout speed of my X-T1 and the X-T4 just to get an idea of the differences to compare it to the Sony A7IV.

Thanks.

I've not found actual speeds published anywhere, all I've seen is this article which has a slide with relative speed increases through the X-trans and X-pro generations:

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-shows-speed-improvements-from-x-trans-i-to-x-trans-iv/

It's obviously difficult to compare without specs, but it seems to me the A7IV (and other Sony cameras) win on AF as they've refined their AF alogrithms and probably put more focus on the processor to handle that work - as DPR have mentioned in their review, the A7IV sensor is not particularly fast, just on-par for the class.

It's been discussed heaps on this forum, especially after the Sony and Nikon's recent releases... Fujifilm need to invest in machine learning, their processing and algorithms if they want to compete on AF - because that's what pretty much all these well reviewed AF systems are built upon.  Hopefully they already are!

nightowlnz's gear list:nightowlnz's gear list
Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 70-300 F4-5.6 R LM OIS WR
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow