Guess The Place #220

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Kjeld Olesen
Kjeld Olesen Veteran Member • Posts: 4,470
Re: Free turn - Diagon Alley, Warner Bros. Studios, Watford

R Liewenberger wrote:

Kjeld Olesen wrote:

The Warner Bros. Studios "London" are in Watford, I suppose that is not really London?

EDIT: Just found some info on the latter apparently sensitive question:
1: Hertfordshire Mercury
2: TripAdvisor

Well, Kjeld, to me London or Watford or Hertfordshire are all place names on that island up there in the Nordsee, in about 500 km distance, where they drive on the wrong side of the road! I can happily do without any British pernicketiness!

Liewenberger

Yes, well, you know - they don't even consider themselves to be part of Europe, as they may claim to "go to Europe" if visiting the continental part - perhaps it makes more sense now that they chose not to be part of the EU - but that is probably a debate we should not discuss here

In any case, the clue "The place claims to be in London, but it is not really", was more referring to it being an imaginary place rather then actually being located in Watford

It is well worth a visit with kids though - no matter where it is located - and London is still the best place in Europe (or near it) to get an Indian curry!

So you must be from near Poitiers being 500 km south of London?

-- hide signature --
 Kjeld Olesen's gear list:Kjeld Olesen's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS M5 Canon EOS R6
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow