For about the same price..RF 70-200mm F/4 or EF 70-200mm 2.8 IS iii ?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ZX11
ZX11 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,563
Re: For Example

tkbslc wrote:

We have 30+ years of Canon zoom lenses that extend when zooming or focusing. The 70-200mm models are literally the only ones that do not. How come nobody calls the 24-105L or the 70-300L "dust suckers" or proclaim that they are fragile?

Good point.  They haven't had huge problems and people live with what dust they get in them.  I'll have to look at my RF 24-105.  Not that dust would bother my photos.  I accept in some lenses (all?) dust after years of use is nature of the beast.

It isn't that it is fragile.  Just lesser in that way and more expensive than the EF internal zoom versions.  A RF 24-105L is a dust sucker compared to the RF 24-105 all internal zoom version.  If there was a version.

If I had a choice of a EF 24-105L all internal zoom that was cheaper and just as optically good, I would have chose it.

-- hide signature --

"Very funny, Scotty! Now beam me down my clothes."
"He's dead, Jim! You grab his tri-corder. I'll get his wallet."

ZX11's gear list:ZX11's gear list
Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon 70-200 F2.8L III Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow