For about the same price..RF 70-200mm F/4 or EF 70-200mm 2.8 IS iii ?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
Paysen New Member • Posts: 18
Re: Not been an issue

That is a given since it is built that way. It literally breathes air, which has humidity by default. And I never said every lens is going to be full of dust or water droplets I said it is more prone to getting dust and humidity inside of the lens and that is simply a fact. Because a gasket on an internal zoom and focus lens has a way easier job at sealing the internals of your lens. Proving basic physics is a stupid thing to ask for, sorry. There is a difference between "it is more likely that dust and humidity will find it's way into the lens" and "it will end up being full of dust and water".

If it was a weather sealed Olympus lens I would be more confident though, as we don't really know how "weather sealed" the lens really is, as Canon doesn't really tell what it means.

Olympus for example has some crazy good weather sealing (they even call it hermetic sealing), and they even show you how it works:

You can see it here:

https://asia.olympus-imaging.com/product/dslr/mlens/7-14_28pro/feature.html

But the zoom of that lens is also internal.

And again: I am not saying that it is a bad lens or that it will be full of dust soon, it is just more likely compared to the EF variant. By how much? That is up for discussion, but as Canon doesn't share the information, we would have to rely on someone who is repairing those lenses.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow