Any recent deliveries of 105 Z in USA?

Started Aug 30, 2021 | Questions thread
vcxz Regular Member • Posts: 468
Re: Any recent deliveries of 105 Z in USA?

You're in the US, right? I had a similar experience where a package just had its delivery day pushed back for no reason.

From what I can gather, the shipping companies are just totally backlogged with deliveries. Online orders are up post pandemic and everywhere generally has labor shortages. Sometimes the package companies play games with delivery dates so they don't have to pay SLA fines but I could see them just not caring anymore.

We had a lot of people leave the workforce or retire early. Everything from people with high risk for COVID deaths, expensive daycare making it more sensible for one parent to stay home, etc. So this is just the way life is going to be for the near term.

FedEx seems to allow you to reroute to a Walgreens for free. I tend to have fewer delays doing that but it's not a guarantee.

Barleyman wrote:

Midwest Photo send via UPS on Wednesday... UPS said they would be delivering Saturday. Saturday comes around and they moved up the delivery time from 7pm to 1:30pm. Send a link to watch the truck via gps. 2:30 rolls around, they send me a note that the time is moved to 7pm. Truck shows it back at the UPS center. Hmmm. Then at 8:45 pm, UPS send me a text saying it has been delivered and signed for? What? Not my signature/initials. Truck was no where near my house. (quiet street).

Being late on Saturday... no one to talk to... After 4 months of waiting, this is what I get... squat. Filled out forms and related my strenuous desire to receive my package. Had a scotch. Waited.

Monday rolls around. No word from UPS. Hmmm. Finally, at 5pm... it shows up, guy in his personal car (but UPS uniform). I am happy to have it, not happy with UPS right now. I wonder where it was for 2 days?

-- hide signature --

Instagram: @vcxz_photos

vcxz's gear list:vcxz's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z9 Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 35mm F1.8 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow