Smith Rock, Oregon

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
jroy
OP jroy Senior Member • Posts: 1,459
Re: Smith Rock, Oregon

rick decker wrote:

The time of day for the first one is not the best IMO. The whole right side is in shadow and the skky has lost some of its color. I would clone out the rock as it is distracting. I think you did a good job considering the lighting. I like the 2nd one better. I would bring down the highlights and you will pick up good detail in the ridge in the back. I have been there a number of times and have thought about hiking the ridge but didn't have a partner with me and it is a longish hike. I did misery ridge years ago and plan to do it again next time I come back. The images have excellent sharpness..Is that the 16-35 or a prime. I went out to Painted Hills a few times. It is about 80 miles or so east and a good place for late light color. BTW f rom the parking area is a good shot of climbers on the other side of the river. I still remember my first visit as I was practically overwhelmed by the area.

thanks for the post.

Rick

Thanks Rick. Great comments. I will go back to editing the 2nd for improvements. It is not the prime, it is 16-35 f/4, has become my general purpose walk around lens last 5 years. I am an old timer in PNW now, been to painted hills only 3 years ago, a fascinating place I had now known about earlier.

Here is a photo taken at dusk at PH.

-- hide signature --

JRoy

jroy's gear list:jroy's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon EOS 1000D Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF)
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow