Leica Cl2 any updates

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Headforthehills Forum Member • Posts: 96
Re: Leica Cl2 any updates

Leica are desperately trying to sell SL2 and SL2-S bodies under the banner of working well with M lenses ; I read this as very few SL lenses are being bought - they are just too large outside of professional use.

A big problem is, M lenses bought from Voigtlander are just as good - Leica's failed plan was to sell AF lenses, at good margin through ease of manufacturability, to break the dependency on the M system.

For amateurs , the TL line of lenses are comparably compact as to M lenses. The TL lens price point is also favorable. It's a great system that just needs a little bit of attention.

However, I think the CL and lenses are currently on pause ; when Sony releases a new >40Mpixel APS-C sensor, it will be time for Leica to revisit the economic performance of SL vs CL systems.

I've got a foot in the M system and a toe in the SL and CL/TL system, but right now, I have not bought a single SL lens and will not buy any more TL lenses.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow