New Sigma 18-50 2.8

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
sgangker Forum Member • Posts: 89
Re: New Sigma 18-50 2.8

R2D2 wrote:

dan the man p wrote:

Son of Thunder wrote:

Now not even be biased why did the M-Mount not get the new sigma lens. Sony makes some great aps-c camera but none of them outsell the M50. The R mount is highly guarded I get that but canon really aren't introducing a lot of glass for the M-mount let somebody do it.

I don't know how true this is, but I've heard that Sigma does production runs in one mount before moving to the next. So they may make a bunch for Sony E-Mount and then produce some for EF-M. That's what I'm hoping anyway. I do believe that they released the Sigma trio of primes for Canon after Sony, so there is some precedence for that. However, if that does happen, it could still be a couple years before we get it.

A big +1

Don’t count out an EF-M version just yet! It’s going to be hugely useful even without stabilization (I’ve shot with that range for years). I’m buying on announcement!

R2

+1

Agreed. Having stabilization might have its advantage but it is not a deal-breaker. I have seem so many nice photos in this forum taken with lenses with no stabilization (Canon 22mm, 32mm and Sigma trio.

Sony E-mount (aps-c) might be a bigger market but there are already quite a no. of competition in there (Sony 16-55mm F2.8 and Tamron 17-70mm F2.8). So far, there are no constant F2.8 zoom in EF-M mount yet. If Sigma introduce it in EF-M mount, it might outsell the e-mount version.

sgangker's gear list:sgangker's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 Canon G7 X II Canon EOS M200 Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow