Any real-world feedback on the Lumix Vario 45-200mm v.II?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
spike29 Senior Member • Posts: 2,469
Re: Any real-world feedback on the Lumix Vario 45-200mm v.II?

Robbob67 wrote:

spike29 wrote:

MiguelATF wrote:

To REFOCUS this thread a little - and I am the OP (Original Poster) - while I appreciate the many comments, both positive and critical, about the original Mk.1 version of the lens, nonetheless I still really hope to elicit feedback or comments from folks who may have actually used the NEWER VERSION (v.II) of this lens.

Apart from a very small handful of professional reviews, there have been almost no detailed user accounts of it, over the past few years since Mk II was released.

If anyone out there has a 2nd generation copy - or has access to one - it would be great to hear some impressions

I had it briefly, returned it and bought the l100-300mmvii.

Why?

1 wide open it was fussy iq and had a slow AF, not locked as firmly and consistent as my 14-140mmf3.5-5.6.

Can I clarify, you are talking about the mkii?
It is supposed to have faster focus than the original.

yes, i did bought the mkii.  point is i think shuttershock is a major part of the issue which is a bomshell for this lens. Long focallength, slow , long exposuretimes, dual is2 looks great on preview, but after the shutterclick it's less.

AF is't bad as in not working but more hesitating compared to my other lenses.

Stopped down to f7 it's much better i think due the larger DoF.

Remember the 100-300mm needs also f7 f8 to be sharp at the end of his focallength.

Just try it yourself for a week.

2 my version had a strange noise in manual Aperture movement.

3 it looked like a "bearcan", not really a quality issue more estetic.

4 my 14-140mm at 140mm wide open and cropped was better then the 200mm zoom wide open. I hoped to got a walkaround nature lens, 45 close enough for flowers and such and 200mm for the wildlive, birds and such. It wassen't my lens i think.

The 100-300mmii was instant much more crispy and fast lock AF.

And yes i swap more now.

Pl12-60mm to l100-300 and 14-140mm to 100-300mm.

The PL50-200mm is my wish to buy sometimes but the pricetag is holding me back.

-- hide signature --

knowledge is addictive, every time i get some i want more.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When i see a animal or insect i aim, shoot ...several times... take it home process it and hang it on the wall..... so he or she can live on freely where it belong wile i enjoy his presentation of live.

spike29's gear list:spike29's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow