Jupiter 8 on a Fujifilm X-T20

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Peter J Davies
Peter J Davies Contributing Member • Posts: 819
Jupiter 8 on a Fujifilm X-T20

I haven't used my Jupiter 8 for almost 2 yrs, probably because I was pretty disappointed with how it performed on on my previous camera, a Sony A3000. However, I thought I would dust it off today and try it on my X-T20 for some Halloween shots along our street.  I should add that it is the silver version and I've had it since about 2003 when I bought it for about $15 on ebay as an alternative to the Industar 61 lens that came with my FED 3 camera.

I'm amazed at how well it did.  The following shots are nothing to write home about as photographs but the lens delivered all I could wish for.  Both images are SOOC (except for a little cropping) and the second is impressive as the sun was ahead of me and there is no lens flare that I can see (I use a vented hood).

Fujifilm X-T20 with a Jupiter 8 lens at f5.6

Fujifilm X-T20 with a Jupiter 8 lens at f8

I'm quite encouraged and plan to do some more experimenting with this combination.

-- hide signature --
 Peter J Davies's gear list:Peter J Davies's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm 50-230mm II Canon PowerShot SD500 Canon PowerShot SX110 IS +24 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow