Issue with RF 24-105 L

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP f8f8f8 Regular Member • Posts: 192
Re: Issue with RF 24-105 L

Greg,

Thank you for some constuctive advice. I feel that Canon may be considering my repeated request to either properly repair my lens or replace it with a sharp copy. The CPS phone guys have been great. They listen, take plenty of notes and pass the information to the repair center. Unfortunately, the repair center doesn't seem to get it. The repair technicians (by policy?) will not call the customer to discuss the repair no matter how often it is requested. They also will not share any test data. That is why they fixed the nonexistent "focus" problem with my lens, twice, in spite of my elaboration that the problem was uneven/low resolution and possible decentering.

If this ends poorly, a possibility, then I will likely consider a different lens. Thank you for the recommendation of the EF 24-70mm lens. I imagine that sometime in the future an RF version will exist. I also wonder if the Sigma EF mount 24-105 has a better reputation for lens to lens consistency and sharpness.

f8f8f8

f8f8f8's gear list:f8f8f8's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow