EOS R6 Vs iPhone 13 Pro for Photography (PICS)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
AlgarvePhotography Forum Member • Posts: 96
Re: The only thing that is inevitable: trends never continue.

Max5150 wrote:

AlgarvePhotography wrote:

I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max with the Procamera app. Low light is definitely improved and my mobile is now easily a decent alternative to the Sony RX100 IV that I used to carry around.

99% of my photography is taken on my mobile phone, previously Samsumg S20 Ultra.

My Canon R5 and RF lenses, especially my RF70-200 2.8 and RF100-500, blow the 13 Pro Max away for quality and the mobile cannot match the autofocus tracking and a host of other tools. The R5 is very clearly the more capable Camera and so it should be.

But my mobile is always with me. I spend 3-5 hours a day cycling and I can't have my best gear while training but I do have my phone in my jersey pocket.

The iPhone 13Pro camera seems pretty good. I wish I could get along with Apple iOS because I'd otherwise jump ship from my S21 Ultra.

Sony is releasing a phone with their 1” sensor from the RX100 VII next month. That will surely be the best camera phone ever.

AlgarvePhotography's gear list:AlgarvePhotography's gear list
Canon EOS R5 GoPro Hero9 Black Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow