Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
Sagittarius Veteran Member • Posts: 7,797
Re: I installed but reverted back for another reason

WryCuda wrote:

Jestertheclown wrote:

Sean Nelson wrote:

Jestertheclown wrote:

WryCuda wrote:

File Rename is now a File Explorer toolbar item rather than a Rt. Click Drop-Down.

Rename is still in the right click drop down on my machine.

File Rename is in the File Explorer toolbar in Windows 10, as well. It sounds to me like this hasn't in fact changed at all in Windows 11.

This computer's only a few weeks old and came with Windows 10 installed and the 'rename' option was in the right click drop down.

I installed Windows 11 as soon as it was released and 'rename' is still in that drop down.

It could, perhaps, be argued that, since I carried out an upgrade rather than a format and fresh instalation, that the setting was carried over from Windows 10?

My previous two Windows 10 machines also had rename in the drop down.

Both my Windows 10 computers had Rename in the drop-down, but this changed after the upgrades, so that I had to access "Show More Options".

Anyone reading this thread would assume that some of us are blind or stupid, but I'd encourage new users to investigate the new features of Explorer, some of which are more important than the trivial matters already discussed.

I think that I might give DPReview an extended rest.

You can give DPR any rest you want. And I am not blind either. When you right click on the selected file, there are five icons on top of this drop down menu. One of them is rename. Windows 11 PRO. You can go to Show more part, but you do not have to. I am find it pathetic when somebody puts out their observations as a fact and spreading misinformation and than starting to insult people. Welcome to my "ignore" list, first in my 16 years on DPR.

-- hide signature --

Best regards

Sagittarius's gear list:Sagittarius's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 II Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-6.3G ED VR +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
jfk
(unknown member)
jfk
MOD Austinian
(unknown member)
MOD Austinian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow