Xrite Colormunki Photo - I1PRO ICC profile comparison

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Petruska Veteran Member • Posts: 9,210
Xrite Colormunki Photo - I1PRO ICC profile comparison

I'm going to keep this analysis simple and quick.

My final conclusion is that the Colormunki Photo device is very capable of making very good printer ICC profiles and for the low price of used ones on Ebay in the $80 to $150 range the way to go over the I1PRO.  There is very little to gain with an I1PRO for most users.

The target prints were printed with an Epson R3000, using Epson OEM K3 Vivid Magenta ink set, on Red River Arctic Polar Luster paper. CM - 100 target scan patches, I1PRO - 1600 patches. CM profile generating app - ccStudio, I1PRO - I1Profiler.

I measured the DeltaE between the CM and I1PRO profiles using 129,600 sample color points.  The major DeltaE (greater than 3) was the very Dark Blue and Mid Green and this was only for approximately 1000 of the 129,600 points, all other sampled colors were less than a DeltaE of 3, which most viewers will not see the differences.  The Dark Blue and Green issues seem to be related to the CM profile.  You can see the CM  blue blocking and green banding in the circled areas.  B&W photos were great from both profiles.  The CM gamut volume is actually larger than from the I1PRO.

I hope that this will help someone make a decision on how much money they want to spend on a spectro to make quality printer ICC profiles.

Bob P.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow