Breathing room for the X-H2?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Threaded Veteran Member • Posts: 3,715
Re: Breathing room for the X-H2?

palane wrote:

Not sure why a Pro 4 would be more appropriate than a state of the art flagship?

I suppose theres the nostalgia of the Pro1 for sure, but then again, why wouldn't a T5 be more appropriate seeing its a much more popular, mainstream Fuji?

We know the XH2 is underdevelopment and we know the BSI stacked sensor is coming,a flagship body has launched all generations of new sensor/new processor combos previously.

An integrated grip H2 makes sense to me.It puts Fuji into a similar space as CaNikon and OMsystem(formerly Olympus) and aligns with what Fuji has done with the GFX line.

Simply because the X mount began with the X-Pro1 in 2012 - that’s the tenth anniversary that would be celebrated next year. For me the X-Pro and XH series couldn’t be more diametrically opposed in design and ethos - the XH2 would be a strange way to celebrate the birth of the X-Pro1.

In reality I don’t think the timing of the XH2 has anything to do with any anniversary, it’s simply the next big product in the pipeline and its due when it’s due.

Threaded's gear list:Threaded's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow