EOS R6 Vs iPhone 13 Pro for Photography (PICS)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
TempusFugit2012 Regular Member • Posts: 101
Re: iPhone 13 Pro arrived (PICS)

Marco Nero

Firstly, thanks for the in depth report on your experiences thus far. I look forward to reading more.

Secondly, my post may have been a little flippant where I didn't mean to be. Your question ultimately seems to be if this phone has the ability to replace a dedicated camera body and lens. I think what I meant to say is that in most cases....no. It's not just about being an amateur photographer and enjoying my equipment, but it has to do with the flexibility that my bodies and lenses give me. I don't think this generation of phones (Apple or otherwise) will give me equivalent results. Your in depth reply seems to indicate this.

I'm away from home about 18 days a month for work, and here is where the "tool" part of my comment comes in. It is, for a variety of reasons, impossible for me to carry my equipment with me. So I have relied on my iPhone to get me through. I think this new iPhone will be a nice upgrade for me as it seems to allow for a bit more flexibility over my current phone (XR) while continuing to be convenient in size. It's certainly not an appropriate tool for shooting a high school soccer match, but for travel photography, locations, and perhaps a little street photography, it seems an upgrade from what I currently use.

Finally...the pizza looks delicious!

Marc

TempusFugit2012's gear list:TempusFugit2012's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF-S 10-18mm F4.5–5.6 IS STM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow