EOS R6 Vs iPhone 13 Pro for Photography (PICS)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
TempusFugit2012 Regular Member • Posts: 101
Re: EOS R6 Vs iPhone 13 Pro for Photography (PICS)

I haven't read all the responses, but from the first few that I have I'm guessing they are consistent. Marco Neroasks if the iPhone will replace a dedicated camera...on a photographer's message board that is full of photographers who love their gear.

I'm one of those guys too, of course, and happy to be one. I'm a long time Canon shooter with two bodies that continue to serve me very well (5DmIV and 7DmII) along with a fantastic 70-200 f/2.8 II, a super wonderful 24-70 f/2.8, and a few non "L" series lenses that are just fun. I have been considering renting an R6 to play with and perhaps put on my wish list going forward. I can't count the number of times that I've pulled out my iPhone only to be a little disappointed in the results. I'd love to carry my gear with me wherever I go.

However...I travel for a living, and lugging around camera bodies and lenses just isn't practical. The iPhone 13 Pro may give me more flexibility while I travel, and if that's the case I'm in because this will become another tool in my photographic arsenal.

Will the iPhone 13 stop me from buying an R6? Well, yeah...for a little bit since there is only so much expendable income to go around for me. Will it replace my current bodies and lenses? Of course not because those tools are for other purposes.

Marc

TempusFugit2012's gear list:TempusFugit2012's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF-S 10-18mm F4.5–5.6 IS STM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow