Re: Breathing room for the X-H2?

Threaded wrote:

John Gellings wrote:

Samuraidog wrote:

John Gellings wrote:

Samuraidog wrote:

John Gellings wrote:

Samuraidog wrote:

I know we are talking about a different price range at $5.5k, but the Z9 looks amazing and AF tracking is on a whole new level.

https://youtu.be/PCpPHjZpEEY (Nigel Danson review of the Z9)

If Fujifilm can provide something similar with the X-H2 at $2.5k, it will be HUGE. I can't wait!

Expectations are way too high here…Poor Fuji.

I realize that I have high expectations here, but I'm thinking Fujifilm must know they have something special on hand considering the competition and their remarks about it being worth the wait. I also think they want to make a grand showing for their 10th anniversary body, so I'm thinking it will be special.

I’m not so sure the 10th anniversary of the X camera will be big deal to them… I mean they’ve been making cameras a lot longer than that.

It was my understanding that they withheld the release of the X-H2 in 2021 because they wanted the body to be released on their 10th anniversary. That makes me think it is a big deal to them. But, it could be for other reasons too.

I thought it was because there wasn’t a new sensor they could use and they needed time to make sure it was very current… i.e. not make the same mistake again. By the way, the company is 87 years old.

True. The X mount (not the X series, which started earlier with the X100) will be ten years old next year, but I doubt that has anything to do with anything - an X-Pro4 would be a more fitting camera to commemorate that anyway.

I'm just going by what I remember reading on the fujirumors site some time ago. Sorry, I can't remember exactly when, so I can't provide a link.

Samuraidog's gear list:Samuraidog's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2S Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow