*** Challenge 324: Colour ***

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Jocksa
OP Jocksa Senior Member • Posts: 1,188
Re: Indaiatuba - SP - Brazil

straitouttahell wrote:

Jocksa,

As per the photo, I shot it that way on purpose. I kind of wanted the OOF area to contend the focus of the viewer. In my personal view, it had to suggest that there's more hidden behind things than the aspect you can focus on at one time. But I understand perfectly that this might not please everybody's tastes, and I am grateful that you spent time to suggest a different thing.

On the contrary, firstly, thank you for agreeing to me editing it.

I mention quite often that I'm a technically minded person, and really what I mean by that is that the technicalities of photography come easy to me, but the artistic side, not so much. I produced an edit because your presentation was different and the easiest way to explain that was through a picture (a thousand words and all that).

One of the concepts that my photography is probably constrained by is having a subject and arranging lighting, focus and composition to make clear what the subject is. It's arguably formulaic, but I'm good with formulae. The idea of taking a photograph such that the subject might be the flower, or the sunset, or something implied, is an artistic level beyond me.

Anyway, I hope it hasn't distracted from the challenge itself. I joined this forum when covid prevented in-person interaction and I guess I treat it like a club night where discussion happens and ideas are exchanged around the structured activity of the evening.

3 days to go, keep 'em coming.

-- hide signature --

“Stand in front of something more interesting.”

Jocksa's gear list:Jocksa's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow