*** Challenge 324: Colour ***

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
straitouttahell
straitouttahell Contributing Member • Posts: 741
Re: Indaiatuba - SP - Brazil

Jocksa wrote:

straitouttahell wrote:

This satisfies the brief beautifully but the piece of colour that attracts my attention is the sunset, not the sunflower which feels like it should be the subject. With the permission of the photographer, I've done a 10 minute edit on the sunflower photograph in an attempt to swap the emphasis without changing anything else.

Please feel free to comment whether you agree or disagree.

Jocksa,

first off I want to reiterate how glad I am that you somehow found this photo interesting and wanted to give it your own interpretation. I also want to thank you for submitting your personal edit of it, it sure was interesting to see things with different eyes.

As per the photo, I shot it that way on purpose. I kind of wanted the OOF area to contend the focus of the viewer. In my personal view, it had to suggest that there's more hidden behind things than the aspect you can focus on at one time. But I understand perfectly that this might not please everybody's tastes, and I am grateful that you spent time to suggest a different thing.

straitouttahell's gear list:straitouttahell's gear list
Nikon D2X Nikon D7100 Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM Art Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow