Anyone who uses a LG Gram 17 (2021 edition)?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ElliotV Contributing Member • Posts: 541
Anyone who uses a LG Gram 17 (2021 edition)?

I have been using 13.3" MacBooks and a 14" Thinkpad over the last several years, and now I would like a larger display, in the 16"-17" range and 16:10 aspect ratio. I also would like it to be under 3.5 pounds, and about the only one that seems to meet those criteria is the LG Gram. (The new 16" MacBook Pro is 4.7 pounds and the Max 4.8 pounds, according to the Apple site.)

I have read about the 2021 edition and seen it in person, but would like to hear from someone who actually has used the machine over time. My main concerns would be about the keyboard, trackpad, fan noise, reflective screen, and responsiveness. I presently am using the base M1 MacBook Air, which I am intending to gift to a relative with less resources.

Keyboard:
Do the keys tend to bottom out uncomfortably? Or is it pretty substantial feeling?
Is it centered pretty well, given the numeric keypad (which I almost never would use)?

Trackpad:
I mostly use the touch function on trackpads rather than clicking, and often use an external mouse. Is the touch function reasonable?

Fan noise:
My heaviest load is probably photo editing with DxO Photo Lab or Affinity Photo. Is the really quiet?

Reflective screen:
Most of the time, the light source will be behind the display, without overhead light. I use laptops inside, not outside.

Responsiveness:
Not interested in pure speed, just handling routine items well.

Thanks for any information from someone who uses the LG.

ElliotV's gear list:ElliotV's gear list
Olympus E-M5 III Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow