Any real-world feedback on the Lumix Vario 45-200mm v.II?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
tpani
tpani Regular Member • Posts: 322
Re: Any real-world feedback on the Lumix Vario 45-200mm v.II?

There is likely variation in the quality of the 45-200mm, and the image stabilization does not at all explain many/most of the complaints people have had about this lens.

I had the lens for a number of years, from 2010 until about 2014. At 200 mm, stopping down to f/8 or f/9 (at the cost of increased exposure times, and increased camera shake) improved the sharpness enough for me to be satisfied. I avoided shooting it wide open at 200mm. So, clearly, the question in my case was not about image stabilization. (I eventually replaced the 45-200mm by the 35-100mm f/4-5.6 (which is very sharp, one of the best non-expensive m43 lenses I know), and the 75-300mm (which is much better wide open at the longest focal length than my 45-200mm was, and better wide open than the 45-200mm stopped down to f/8 or f/9.)

tpani's gear list:tpani's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow