Pleased with Olympus 12-200 mm lens

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
_kc_ New Member • Posts: 7
Pleased with Olympus 12-200 mm lens

I recently got this lens and took it out to test it after work, and although it was windy and the photos were handheld, I think it did pretty well. I've been wanting something lighter to use on hikes - I usually take my 12-40 mm pro but find myself missing the longer reach. (I had the old 40-150 mm kit lens, but gave it to my kid along with my old EM-10.) I still only have the original OMD E-M1, so I'm sure this lens would do better on a newer 20 mp camera, but I still was pretty happy with its performance, even handheld with some higher ISO shots. It's not exactly a "cheap" lens but I think it will work well for a lighter-weight single-lens solution. It performed better than I had expected from the reviews and I thought the bokeh was pretty nice.

Here are a few SOOC .jpgs - I actually liked it on the long end better than the wide angle (but my wide-angle compositions were pretty uninspiring, so maybe that's just my poor skills).

_kc_'s gear list:_kc_'s gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 12-200mm F3.5-6.3
Olympus 12-200mm F3.5-6.3 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow