On the fence regarding RIII or RIV

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
deednets Forum Pro • Posts: 12,308
On the fence regarding RIII or RIV

Since the RIII is older there are some compelling reasons out there why one would prefer the RIII over the IV.

Quick question: what's the most compelling reason why one would chose the IV over the III - if, like in my case, the IV is 50% more expensive.

I have had my fingers in the HiFi pies of this planet for many years so understand the extra US$ 1.000,00 to get a much dryer bass when using a particular type of cables has its equivalents in ROI in photographic gear.

I had a look at mirrolessons etc but find that as soon as a so-called "influencer" is part of the game, the findings have to be taken with a HUGE grain of salt as the purpose - well, one of them - is to actually find something.

I have some predefined suspicions that the EVF will be better, but noticeable? 61Mpx versus 43Mpx not robbing me of any sleep ...

... BUT (!!!!) what about colours? I used he A7III and found the colours needed tweaking a lot. Couldn#t get my head around the colour science there. Find the colours from my A7C easier to work with and as a default more appealing. But what about the RIII vs the RIV? Same but different?

Thanks

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X-Pro3 Sony a7C Sony a7R IIIA Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow