Any video shooters familiar with green screen?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
blue_skies
blue_skies Forum Pro • Posts: 12,116
Re: Any video shooters familiar with green screen?

posterdamien wrote:

I am doing tech reviews and recently set up a green screen but whenever I have a dark object in my hands and I lift it up slightly, everything becomes overexposed. So things work as long as I don't have anything in my hands. Any ideas?

I tried different lighting setups and changing aperture, etc.

I am not working with green screens, but the obvious issues are distance to the green screen and distance from the lighting. As both get larger, things get easier.

As to your problem, set the exposure measurement on the camera to flexible spot (you) or fixed. You may be in 'center averaged' or some setting like this. Somehow the dark object moving around affects the exposure and the camera adjust automatically. You can also set the measurement to a corner in the background, which doesn't change in lighting, so the exposure won't vary.

Changing aperture does not prevent the camera from adjusting exposure - you have to both fix aperture and shutter speed (yes, even in video).

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a5100 Sony a7R II Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Sony 75-300mm F4.5-5.6 +35 more
selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow