Best (VIDEO) Camera Out There

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Batdude
Batdude Veteran Member • Posts: 5,497
Best (VIDEO) Camera Out There

I am a straight photographer and have NEVER shot video with any camera I have ever had.  But my wife and I are starting to look into videography.

I know very little about video specs, frankly, almost nothing.  With the appearance of the Sony A7IV I have learned a few things here and there, such as rolling shutter and it's issues when having a slow sensor that cannot process all these data as fast.  I saw a few youtube videos what rolling shutter will cause in still photography and video.

Having said that, since I cannot afford the much higher priced FF cameras that have those really fast processors to avoid rolling shutter and flickering and all that, I was thinking, do I HAVE to purchase a really expensive camera for video?  Heck even the new Panasonic m43 cameras coming out are too darn expensive.

But what about a "real" and dedicated video camera with fantastic IBIS and all that?  Perhaps something with a built-in lens that can produce really nice bokeh?  Is there such thing out there?

If I decide to get a Panasonic or Sony FF camera I still have to spend in lenses on top of the camera and to be honest I'm not sure that is the wisest thing to do and that's why I would like to do a bit more research.  Perhaps there is something much better out there and that way I can simply continue doing photography with what I currently have.

Thanks.

Batdude's gear list:Batdude's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +8 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow