Panasonic Announcement GH6

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP DaveTheAffable Regular Member • Posts: 488
Re: Panasonic Announcement GH6

Interceptor121 wrote:

DaveTheAffable wrote:

This is a partial Google translation from Panasonics 20 Anniversary website, dated today.

Reported by m43rumors, and others:

The GH6, which is currently under development, aims to achieve both the mobility unique to Micro Four Thirds systems and a variety of video expressiveness. Both the sensor and engine have been newly developed to support 4: 2: 2 10bit Cinema 4K60p video recording, and we plan to achieve unlimited video recording time within the recommended operating temperature. I’m really sorry that I can’t tell you in detail, but please look forward to what kind of camera the GH6, which is still under development by engineers, will be finished.

It would’ve been nice for a little more.

I think it reads like '4k60 422 10 bit produces a lot of strain and heat and we are still working it out'

Most likely issues in the encoding as h265 10 bit 420 is very popular and supported by hardware but 10 bit 422 is not hardware accelerated so it is getting very hot

What ever the delay is, I prefer them fixing it before they release it. LOL.  We’ll just need to be patient.

-- hide signature --

Dave

DaveTheAffable's gear list:DaveTheAffable's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D750 Panasonic GH5 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow