New stuff in LR and PS.... is amazing.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
charlyw64 Regular Member • Posts: 450
New stuff in LR and PS.... is amazing.

As mentioned in other threads, the new additions to LR masking capabilities are super, almost making PS redundant.

And then comes the new color layer to PS which allows insanely useful corrections. I have one image where some green leaves from the grass surrounding my macro subject are distracting from the subject itself (which happens to be a green caterpillar or larvae two bugs are struggling about). It took me days to get this image edited correctly - with the new color layer it's seconds to remove the green from the grass leaves to make them blend into the rest of the background and make the subject stand out...

Or the image where I have a green preying mantis in front of some green distant hill (no issue here) but also about half way through the insect I pick up the sky above that distant hill, so the background changes from a yellowish green to blue - with the new color layer I will be able to edit that better than I previously could, select the mantis, duplicate the layer, get the color layer from the neural filters, change the blue to green and I'm done...

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow