Sony a6600 ? a7c?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
idsurfer Contributing Member • Posts: 598
Re: Bender and Rich say it all

The two posts above are excellent.

Katlyn...I'll keep it very brief but I was in the exact same spot as you some years ago. I wanted to ditch the big gear for a smaller rig to have skiing, biking, hiking etc. I went with a 6500 and a few primes right when that cam came out. Yes, I noticed some limitations coming from many years of shooting FF...particularly the performance in lower light. I have since learned to manage given the amazing DR of the sony sensors and noise reduction software in the rare case I need very high ISO. Any difference in IQ is minimal.

If having a small/light kit for outdoor activities is priority I HIGHLY recommend you go with a sony APS-c and resist being baited in by the A7c. You will be super stoked, I promise.

There will be a learning curve. The user experience isn't quite what the same as with a canon FF DSLR. But this has more to do with lack of external controls and NOT the EVF. The EVF is fine. I use it exclusively to compose and and review images cause the damn LCD is just too small for my 51 yo eyes to see without readers.

idsurfer's gear list:idsurfer's gear list
Sony a6400 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN Tamron 17-70 F2.8 Di III-A VC RXD
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow