***October 24, 2021- October October 31, 2021 Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Birddogman
Birddogman Veteran Member • Posts: 7,999
Re: Final Update to Nancy and Greg's Excellent Adventure

v30 wrote:

Photos 2 and 3 are really nice. That shotgun has amazing grain in the stock. You have about 25 years on me but you are probably in better shape with the amount of trekking you do. Hope I can do 1/4 that at 75.

Thanks!  Those two pics were intended to be artsy - the others are just memory-type shots.

The older I get, the more I come to realize that good health and strength as you age is mostly genetic luck.  Sure, you need to watch what you eat and get plenty of exercise at all times or you don't pass go, but you can do those things and more and still not thrive when you get older.  Having bird dogs and upland bird hunting as a lifelong passion (plus living the wood mountains, heating with wood, etc)  makes the exercise component pretty easy and pleasant to achieve,  but, other than that, Nancy and I are just genetically lucky.  Our spouses were not.

Joy pointing what turned out to be a very wily rooster:

Greg

-- hide signature --
 Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Sony RX1R II Sony RX100 VII Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow