I wish Sony would make a stills only camera.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
kamituel
kamituel Senior Member • Posts: 1,352
Re: I wish Sony would make a stills only camera.

pollup wrote:

kamituel wrote:

pollup wrote:

techjedi wrote:

Jared Weber wrote:

Who else doesn’t shoot video using their camera? Would it make sense for Sony to have a full frame camera catered to stills only shooters?

Sony could get rid of all the fancy video features and focus the camera purely on photography. I would love to see Sony do this one day.

It wouldn't be cheaper.

It wouldn't have more stills features.

It wouldn't have any better stills quality.

It wouldn't sell well.

You can bet that if there was a profitable market for a stills only camera, all the big players would be selling one.

Perfect reply.

Some people just don't understand what makes a camera cheap or expensive.

But... the OP did not say the desire for a stills-only camera comes from a hope it'd be cheaper. So I'm not sure - what are you referring to?

You have to read between the lines

It's obviously a money reason. Otherwise there's already a perfect stills camera: the Sony A1.

It's not obvious to me at all

Sice you mentioned it, take A1. It's a very capable stills camera, no question about it. But it might be even better - at least to some people.

Without mic/headphone jacks and HDMI port, it could be smaller/ligher. Without worrying about overheating, it could be smaller. Menus would be smaller without all the options related to video.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow