Rejoining photography after a long break. is the RP dead

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RasmusDC New Member • Posts: 16
Rejoining photography after a long break. is the RP dead

I know a Mark II might be coming, i´ve used a 350D and a 550D for many years, have a nice assembly of EF mount lenses even fullframe, yes not the EXTREME lenses, but the 100MM F1.8 a 70-200mm F2.8 L (without ISM) and a couple of normal zooms and a 50mm prime, so i still have what i believe are great lenses.

i bought a A6000 when i got a son, seeing that the sensor was on par with the 550D even better in some areas, and thought more compact devices would keep me going, but lost interest, and my old 550D died playing a bit to much with the custom firmwares, so i got out of the game..

but my son is now 6 years, and we are beginning to travel again, so the interest has peaked, i have NO aim for using a camera as a video device, i like stills.

I´ve always hated the crop factor on the 550D camera, not being able to use lenses in cramped spaces, and after borrowing a 5D one of the early versions for some snaps for selling my apartment, i just fell i love with fullframe, and EVERYTIME i got back to wanting a camera i stopped, because of the economy of going fullframe, 6D was a close one.

now the RP is 2 years old, i know that, it is not a A7 in dynamic range, i also know that... and the Mark II is on its way, but if i have NO interest in video, is it still not here in 2021 late, a decent buy, it is priced low here in Denmark (for danish prices) it started in 2019 in 10.000 Dkk and is now in 7800, and has a kit RF lens a F4-7 something zoom for 1000 more (130bucks) since my SIgma 17-50mm EX OS is crop

so a RP with an EF mount, or should i push it again and wait for a MarkII..

i KNOW that the A7 is a better camera but 20k+ is just too much. and i´ve just always loved the canon setup (menu, shooting etc))..

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
KEG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow