My first native X mount AF lens-

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KAAMBIC
KAAMBIC Contributing Member • Posts: 826
My first native X mount AF lens-

I have a couple X mount MF lenses but so far for the better part of a year, i've been using adapted EF glass. They work pretty well, just a few quirks here and there but overall good (and my EF 135 f/2L is legendary), but i have kept wondering if most/all native glass would be even better. Maybe AF is snappier, or maybe eye AF is somehow better. Perhaps lowlight AF is faster...

My only short portrait with AF at this point is the Canon nifty fifty STM so i figured that would be a safe place to jump on the test wagon and i got the Viltrox 56mm as it seems to have very good reviews. Haven't heard too many people able to compare the Fringer adapted performance to native lenses (or many who use the Fringer at all) so this Friday will be interesting comparing my lenses.

If anybody has thoughts on the lens or comparison to adapted glass feel free, or just offer thoughts in general!

-- hide signature --

"Open, your blessed wings...
And wrap them, around all your things...
Keep yourself, in the company of kings...
Cause it's their hands, that bleed from the strings..." -

KAAMBIC's gear list:KAAMBIC's gear list
Nikon D300 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-S10 +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow