Some foliage

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
sgangker Forum Member • Posts: 90
Re: Some foliage

diane143 wrote:

That's how it worked, but I couldn't see the effect until I half pressed the button! So just rotating it got me nowhere, but by the time I got to the foliage it must've been in a reasonable place so that the effect was more dramatic as I went to focus.

One of the things I had a hard time with was getting an even sky, so I'm going to have to experiment with that more and maybe mark the filter so I know where I like it.

I didn't get to any running water on this trip, I'd also bought an ND filter but didn't use it.

Thanks!

It can be a little difficult to see the effect especially at the wide angle. I will usually zoom in onto the leaves/water (with reflections) and then rotate the CPL to get the best effect. After that I will zoom out again to the angle of view that I want to take the photo. Thanks.

sgangker's gear list:sgangker's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 Canon G7 X II Canon EOS M200 Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow