I wish Sony would make a stills only camera.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
pollup Senior Member • Posts: 1,241
Re: I wish Sony would make a stills only camera.

sybersitizen wrote:

Jared Weber wrote:

Sony could get rid of all the fancy video features and focus the camera purely on photography. I would love to see Sony do this one day.

But you haven't said how much you'd be willing to pay for it. You and a relative handful of other people would probably be the only buyers, so expect it to cost a lot.

The irony is beautiful.

It's obvious Jared just wants a cheaper camera, but if Sony were to listen to him, he would get an A7iv "stills only" version for $3500. That's about how much it would have to cost in order to make sense business wise since such a camera would cut more than half of the potential buyers.

Ironically, if you want the camera to be cheaper, you WANT it to have a lot of video features because it would attract more buyers and therefore could be produced in larger quantities which lowers the production cost through Economies of scale.

At the very least, you should celebrate that it has those features, because that's what allows Sony to keep the cost down.

pollup's gear list:pollup's gear list
Sony a9 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 35mm F1.8 Sony E 70-350mm F4.5-6.3 G OSS Canon EOS 550D +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow