Lens spanner flea market find

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Erichimedes Regular Member • Posts: 111
Lens spanner flea market find

Not a lens, but I figured this group might appreciate this. I've been working on lenses recently, since I hate seeing a good lens go to waste because of a little fungus or haze. Plus, discount lenses are always nice

After researching lens spanners, I just made a few of my own out of calipers like Tom Caldwell outlined in his thread (thanks Tom!) and they work great.

But lo and behold, I found this gem at the flea market last weekend. How a tool as specialized as this found its way to a small town in Colorado is beyond me. Just a little surface rust that cleaned up very easily, otherwise the set is complete with all the pins and works great.

Its incredibly well made, and very nice to use. There are little springs that put tension on the arms when the lock screws are loose, so adjusting it for width is nicely dampened and controlled. Super stiff, with no flex at all when using it.

I'm certainly not worthy of this tool right now, but hopefully someday I will be. I'm sure I'll be fixing/cleaning lenses for a long time to come.

Erichimedes's gear list:Erichimedes's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Sony a7R III Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow