Movie to stills on A7 iv?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dave92029 Contributing Member • Posts: 895
Movie to stills on A7 iv?

Ok, no laughing!

I only shoot stills, but I keep hearing that the A7iv can shoot 4k video. Well, I generally crop my still images down to 4k because that's generally the maximum definition of most tv's and monitors.

I also understood that a single still frame can be produced from a video stream, so what confuses me is there is all this talk about the FPS still shooting limitations of the A7 iv, when the video streams are available.

I presume that video is shot at more than 10 fps, @ 4k, and we can take as many single shots from that video stream as we want, so isn't the single shooting FPS not a true limitation? I realize that the video stills are not in raw format, but are they in a format similar to jpg? Remember. I said No Laughing!

Thanks for enlightening me :>
Dave

dave92029's gear list:dave92029's gear list
Sony a6400 Sony a7 IV Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony 1.4x Teleconverter (2016) +2 more
Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow