More from the sort-of reunion

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
RichDitch
OP RichDitch Senior Member • Posts: 1,083
Re: More from the sort-of reunion

rich_cx139 wrote:

Great photo of you and your friends. - and yes you have the lighting spot on as far as I am concerned

I didn't know you had the 32/1.2 - you got a great portrait of Ed with it !

The inscriptions on the plane I find really poignant - they look as if they could have been written yesterday - which they were, relatively. People forget so quickly.

Thanks.

I was surprised at how even the flash lighting came out for the group shot. I rarely use flash, although 40-50 years ago I had a tiny manual Vivitar flash that I could hold over a small flower when doing macro work with a 55/3.5 macro lens. And I also did a directory of about 100 people where I worked in the late '70s, using a good TTL flash with an umbrella on a stand and a 105/2.5 lens. Here's a sample

I hesitated on buying the expensive 32/1.2, but when I found a clean example I figured I might not get another opportunity. It really is a nice lens, and I love it on a fully equipped V3.

We are quite moved by the testimonial inscriptions. I think these have been added to the B17 during its life as a living exhibit, by former flyers who have toured the B17. I suspect the bold crisp lettering has been done by one of the museum staff. In some places you can see what looks like an actual signature from the person whose information has been recorded.

-- hide signature --

You can see a lot just by looking.
WSSA #449

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow