D5, A9… or waiting for Z9 (sports photography)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
primeshooter
primeshooter Veteran Member • Posts: 6,808
Re: Welcome to the last chance hurrah!!

lickity split wrote:

primeshooter wrote:

michaeladawson wrote:

lickity split wrote:

michaeladawson wrote:

lickity split wrote:

davescliches wrote:

I get the impression that the "Nikon Z9 doubting Thomas's brigade" the are having one of their last hurrahs .......

make the best of it guys ...........

............. IMHO it's one of, if not the last chance to do it !!

dave's clichés

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124690178@N08/

It’ll be a leap forward regarding video for Nikon but bring little to the table for stills

Hilarious. I see you are going to make the best of it.

If what appears to be coming in the Z9 was in a D7 people here would be all over it. Let's turn it around 180. After the Z9 any D7 will bring little to the table.

I love it , that’s like the only way Z owners feel better about things ,they try to imagine things turned 180, 😄to late Mike ,your invested in the Z and i betcha you even preordered .

I've got plenty of D and Z equipment. And no I have not pre-ordered.

I know I'm quoting you here Mike but forgive me.

To give Mike his due, he does own both gears as he says and from what I've seen, doesn't hide z flaws like I've seen with other members here. He is ready to speak about the short comings along with the positives which is all I want to see here. I've been burnt by nikon before and I want to be able to use the forums to make informed purchases but if you cannot even ask about z without getting the rose tinted glasses response then that is where I draw the line.

I agree, I was hoping he did preorder just to hear his opinion,

Yeah you know way I see it. I agree with anothermike in a lot of ways with the subject of DSLR and ML. Like him, I don't treat this as a sell up and buy Z as so many are. IMO it does not have to be a one or the other deal. No no, to me well, I am not an old man by any means but I love an OVF so it doesn't (to me anyway) mean I am living in the past. The Nikon flagship optical finder's and including the one's found on the 850 and 810 are beautiful to shoot with. User experience is a large part of the joy of this for me. So I will still keep these bodies and most of the lenses because I have been stupid enough to sell things I love before and regretted it deeply.

For me, no doubt I will add mirrorless at some point, but I don't see it as a one or other situation. That is why when nikon sorts out few more issues I will be ready to hopefully stay with them because it makes the most sense as I love their IQ, and the mount does allow anything to be fitted to it. As a hybrid shooter that goes between landscape, astro, portraits and some other work I love options. The older I get the more I realise that new is not always better but I will embrace both for the advantages each bring even if / when they stop making DSLR's that won't change for me.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
NCB
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow