RX10IV Hesitant Zoom

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
User6927265519 Regular Member • Posts: 207
RX10IV Hesitant Zoom

My 2 year old RX10IV has started to show some strange zoom behaviour at the moment, after having not used it for about six weeks the first time I powered it up I noticed that extending the zoom fully the zoom hesitated in two of three places, ie it started to extend as usual but almost stopped at say 200mm then picked up speed then slowed and almost stopped at say 500mm etc, though it did actually get to 600mm eventually but much slower than usual.

I zoomed fully back in and out again several times but could not reproduce that problem again and the camera worked faultlessly for the rest of the day so maybe just a glitch I thought due to lack of use recently but the camera has started doing it more often now, usually on the first power up of the day then it works ok for the rest of the day smoothly.

I assume this is probably a mechanical fault developing so am bracing myself for a rather expensive repair at some point in the near future which would be disappointing considering the camera has had so little use (about 6k shots + few videos) and has been mollycoddled compared to my other cameras so I will be gutted if I have to shell out so soon! but fingers crossed at the moment.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced this type of thing and if so what the outcome was in particular what sort of cost to expect should it get to that point.

Any comments or suggestions welcome

User6927265519's gear list:User6927265519's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony RX100 II Sony SLT-A57 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a77 II +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow