Event with L glass on M6II

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MAC Forum Pro • Posts: 16,470
Event with L glass on M6II

For inside portraits, super happy with the results using 100L on M6II, evf and touch and drag -- I used this setup with ambient light at iso 400 -1600

For outside portraits, super happy with the results using 55-250 stm, evf and touch and drag. I shot 14 fps bursts and 29 for 29 were in focus to get the decisive portrait shot.

mechanical speed on both of these lenses isn't the best, if I needed motion shots, I would have taken my 70-200 F2.8 that has the action lens speed

For group and individual shots both indoors and outdoors, super happy with my RP and RF 24-105 F4L -- it is the best 24-105 ever made and the best group shot lens I've ever used.

I carried the RP + RF 24-105 F4L with odin trigger on Black Rapid shoulder strap -- I didn't even notice the weight all day.

On the other shoulder, I carried the M6II + 100L on Op Tech strap -- didn't even notice the weight

I had odin triggers going and my lights going for the formal portraits - Light matters

I used DXO PL5 with Canon color profiles to start the development of the photos - and took them into photoshop to complete the prints -- super happy with this software

Great lenses matter. Light weight and comfort matters. Light matters. Software matters.

used 6 San disk cards this day and secured them in my card wallet. I've never lost a San disk card, but the event photos were distributed across 6 cards.

The batteries held up better than I thought -- I switched out after three hours and had plenty of power.

Whereas I used the 7d2 and 6d in the past, those now sit in the wings and I'll probably sell them.

Red Ring L mattered to me on this day -- since I could leave my 70-200 at home

Touch and drag made a difference to me on composition -- worlds better than the 6d and 7d2

14 fps matters and 100% hit rate mattered to me

33 MPXL with 160 FOV and 400 FOV mattered to me -- on this day I needed reach

I'm sold on mirrorless and will not go back

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS RP Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow