D5, A9… or waiting for Z9 (sports photography)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
primeshooter
primeshooter Veteran Member • Posts: 6,606
Re: Wait till you see the new Nikon 100-400 that leaked yesterday.

lickity split wrote:

primeshooter wrote:

lickity split wrote:

T O Shooter wrote:

lickity split wrote:

sandy b wrote:

The Z9, according to rumors, will have no mechanical shutter, shoot 20 fps 16 bit raw, 30fps reduces size images, shoot an hour of 8k video, shoot 4k 120 unlimited, and have the best AF of any camera period. I think it will be a game changer. And cheaper than a D6.

Enjoy your Sony.

Specs mean nothing, just look at previous Z bodies for unfulfilled promises made.

The Z9 might end up the best camera ever made, but as you said, I'd want more than specs before I laid down a nickel. (do they even make nickels now )

Again, as you said, I've seen the unfulfilled promises.

One time you could count on the owners of anything new to give a fair assessment, but it's taken about 3 years for the truth to come out. Such as, after 51 firmware updates, hope this one will fix the AF issues. When I had a D800 that was less than stellar, I pointed it out. Of course, now thinking back, it was likely the same fellows that denied that.

We shall see. I have noticed that most of the Z9 teasers focus on video (pun in there it seems), and I'm a stills shooter, so there's that. Again, we shall see.

It’s the same folks , there’s plenty that are regulars on DPR that only post a month or so before a products release and hang around a few months after release to sing it’s praises and put out any fires that arise..I’m not expecting much negative chatter in the beginning simply because not many will be buying this because of price alone, Even the working Pros will avoid this just because of the track record from previous Z bodies,

Theyll have a preview written by Nikon and an Ambassador will post it here on DPR a day or two before release, ( spoiler alert) “ it’ll be a game changer” 🤣🤣

This old game's been changed so many times I don't even understand if we are playing football or lacrosse. Game changer is the most overused term in photography isn't it?

I think so , that’s why I used it 😄, I won’t be surprised if Nikon uses it via one of their ambassadors,

You know what's a game changer? AF that actually works and one can rely on when shooting things that move. Actually scratch that; more of a prerequisite!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
NCB
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow